Monday, August 15, 2022

Marietta Witchcraft

 




      A hangover like a mescaline high. I don’t walk I stagger. The phone is shut down. Shut off shut in. I don’t have a doorbell for obvious reasons. There was a loud banging. Ex girlfriend? Ex wife? Cops, what? I open the door and it’s some rainbow family. Dad’s got a grey streaked pony tail, mom was a cute blonde two teenagers one white one black. They said they have something to say to me. I told ‘em im busy I’m not dealing with pushy Jehovah Witnesses today. They kept insisting and finally I said what? The bowl-shaped hair do kid looks at a piece of paper “we did something really selfish last night” this long prepared pre-sentencing statement; and I’m like what, what the fuck? I grabbed a beer and my smokes and these juvenile delinquents confessed to stealing the mustang logos off my car. What? I asked where they were, the bowl shaped haircut kid said: the police have them. The police have them! I said, the police have them! Good lord. I looked at the rapidly aging parents and they nodded. I told ‘em that I did a lot of things I need to be forgiven for and it’s cool. The parents were all about restitution and frankly they were cool. I told the kids that they shouldn’t be doing this shit. Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment